Recorded live at Silvan Guitars in Columbus, GA – March 17, 2020.
Just as the COVID-19 pandemic was beginning to spread, we had one last chance to perform for a small audience at the shop of our good friend and local luthier Frank Schley IV here in Columbus. The concert series had just started and we were only the 2nd group to be invited, and we decided to go ahead with the show anyway, even though we limited attendance to about 6 people. The audio and video capture was already booked, so we went ahead with it, and we’re glad we did.
This EP is a fully mastered 6-track album of a few of our favorite tunes from that show. Studio versions of three of the tracks will be on our 2nd album, and two of them are newly updated live versions of tunes from our first album.
Live at the Silvan Sessions • Tracks
1. The Columbus Set (Molly Bawn, River Skimmer, Winter in Columbus) 4:21
2. The First Avenue Set (At the Top of Cork Road, First Avenue, The Merry Maiden) 2:39
3. After the Battle of Aughrim / Eleanor Plunkett 8:21
4. The Suitor Set (Emma’s Waltz, Lonesome Eyes, The Four Kisses) 6:41
5. The Blarney Pilgrim 3:06
6. O’Carolan’s Farewell to Music 6:19